An American In—London
London’s Official Guest of Honour, American schoolteacher Adaeze Uyanwah.
(NAPSI)--A young American, Adaeze Uyanwah, will enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime trip, with some of Britain’s most famous residents at iconic attractions.
As the winner of an international search to find London’s Official Guest of Honour, her two-week trip to London will be packed with a series of extraordinary experiences and celebrities.
Over 100,000 people registered on the Guest of Honour website and 10,000 people submitted entries, which included a short film and, in 70 words, describing a perfect day in London.
While her trip in early February will be unique, she won’t be alone. More international travelers visit London and the rest of Great Britain than ever before—a record 16.8 million in 2014 alone.
Visitlondon.com and Visit Britain will roll out the red carpet for the primary school teacher and her mother with such experiences as:
• Visiting the Science Museum’s Professor Stephen Hawking exhibit
• Having afternoon tea at Lord’s Cricket Ground with “Downton Abbey”’s butler Carson—actor Jim Carter
• A behind-the-scenes tour of the Houses of Parliament with Speaker of the House of Commons, the Rt Hon John Bercow MP
• Opening Tower Bridge
• Having a meal cooked by Michelin-starred Chef Jason Atherton at his flagship restaurant, Pollen Street Social
• Touring the Royal Opera House with Plácido Domingo and Darcey Bussell
• Seeing the All England Tennis Club with Tim Henman
• Walking the red carpet at a film premiere
• VIP shopping on Oxford Street
• Being a Keeper for a day at London Zoo
• Editing a page of the Evening Standard
• Firing the guns from the warship HMS Belfast.
Learn more at www.visitlondon.com/guest. Follow Uyanwah’s journey @LondonGuest.