Police & Public Safety
Metro Fire Responds to Duplex Fire in Citrus Heights with A Teenager Burned
CITRUS HEIGHTS – January 20th – Metro Firefighters responded to the report of a garage fire at 6564 Greencreek Way. On arrival firefighters found a garage well involved with fire. Firefighters also located a teenage male with burn injuries in the front of the home. The teenager is reported to have received mostly first and second degree burns over 60% of his body.
Firefighters were able to quick search both sides of the duplex finding no other occupants. Fire Crews contained the fire to one side of the duplex, with smoke damage to the other side. Firefighters estimate the damage to be $100,000, saving an additional $100,000 with the firefighting effort to the second unit.
Fire crews say it appears one side of the duplex had been without power for several days and that a generator was being used in the garage to power the home. Firefighters believe the fire started when the teenager was refilling the generator with gas.