Don’t Let Luggage Weigh You Down
Shipping your luggage to your destination can help you avoid airport hassles.
(NAPSI)—If you are contemplating travel this holiday season—or at any time—plan ahead and consider shipping gifts, clothing and other belongings to your destination ahead of your arrival. Busy airports, long lines and checked-luggage fees make shipping your luggage an easy, convenient and economical travel option.
Whether you choose to pack a traditional piece of luggage or a sturdy box, make sure all contents are secure and protected. Consider the following guidelines for safe and timely delivery of your packages:
• Before shipping luggage, contact your hotel or destination to ensure that someone can accept it in advance of your arrival and has a secure location to store the bags until you arrive.
• Visit a FedEx Authorized ShipCenter or FedEx Office location in advance of your trip to get sturdy boxes, tie-on tags and a special luggage-shipping bag to protect your shipment.
• Be sure your shipping label is securely attached to the shipment. Place additional address labels somewhere on the outside of the luggage, as well as inside the box or in a luggage compartment. Make sure this label contains complete contact information for the shipper and the recipient.
• Visit www.fedex.com to find information about shipping regulations, calculate shipping rates, and create and print shipping labels.
• Travelers seeking to ship luggage outside the United States can call (800) GO-FedEx in advance of their trip to inquire about specific international regulations and duties or taxes that could be incurred.
With these suggestions in mind and your baggage winging its way ahead of you, you can find that your next trip is much less troublesome and a lot more fun.