One Happy Island
Aruba, the alluring destination for foodies, beach lovers, adventure seekers and everyone in be tween, provides a paradise getaway.
(NAPSI)—One of the most revisited spots in the Caribbean, Aruba-One Happy Island-is where pristine turquoise waters collide with the desertlike north shore; where peace and relaxation co-exist with wild and rugged adventures; and Dutch influence meets American ease. Did you know:
1. Arikok National Park is home to many hidden beaches, wild flora and fauna, geology and historical cave paintings. Near the Fontein Cave and Blue Lagoon, rocky cliffs and crashing waves mark Boca Prins. Nearby, Dos Playa is a surfer’s haven.
2. At the North Coast cliffs, you can travel rocky ravines on horseback to discover the Natural Pool. Known in Papiamento as “Conchi,” this shell-shaped pool is surrounded by large lava rocks that greet crashing waves.
3. Celebrating its 10th anniversary as Aruba’s official language in May 2013, Papiamento is a direct reflection of the island’s diverse history and culture. Papiamento is a Creole language derived from African dialects and blended with English, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese.
4. Home to 90-plus nationalities, Aruba offers a wide array of authentic, flavor-rich dishes including local favorites keshi yena, funchi and pan bati.
5. Visitors and locals alike enjoy a weekly Carnival celebration every Thursday evening at Carubbian Festival in San Nicolas, the Sunrise City. The festival boasts elaborate costumes, electric dancing and live entertainment, local cuisine and handmade artwork.
The island offers breathtaking beaches, a booming culinary scene, world-famous events, adrenaline-pumping activities, art galleries and museums, sumptuous spas, championship golf and exclusive shopping. To learn more, visit www.aruba.com.