A New Approach To Outdoor Living Spaces
It’s increasingly in, among smart homeowners, to enhance your outdoor space.
(NAPSI)—An increasing number of homeowners are discovering that the comforts of home are no longer confined to indoor space. Fresh air, places to gather and room for play outdoors are high on the list of must-have amenities. In fact, a recent survey by “Better Homes and Gardens” revealed that 68 percent of homeowners consider outdoor living areas a top priority.
When you want to make the most of an open-air living space, the possibilities can be as wide open as the great outdoors.
• Take a whole-yard approach. Incorporate outdoor activities on all four sides of your home and select fence products that give your home the best curb appeal from every angle. CertainTeed offers a streamlined color palette that lets homeowners enjoy a picket-style fence in their front yard and a privacy fence in the backyard without compromising outstanding curb appeal.
• Improve your health. According to Harvard Medical School, spending time outdoors reaps important health benefits-boosting vitamin D, reducing stress and enhancing your overall mood. Use your outdoor living area as a place to exercise, play with your dog or recruit your neighbors for a baseball game.
• Consider a staycation. With a growing number of families opting to vacation at home, look for ways to transform outdoor areas into a vacation destination. Integrate sporting activities, such as volleyball or croquet, into your backyard. Rent a projector for an outdoor movie night. Grab a tent and build a campfire.
• Design your space with the environment top of mind. Take some time to research the products that will make up outdoor living areas. For example, CertainTeed vinyl and fiber cement siding are backed by a life- cycle assessment for a comprehensive look at the environmental impact of manufacturing, transporting and installing a product.
• Enjoy more downtime. Investing in durable, long-lasting products means less maintenance and hassle down the road. For example, EverNew LT decking comes with a 25-year stain and fade warranty, so you can permanently cross painting and staining off your to-do list.
For more information or to find a contractor nearby, visit www.ctlivingspaces.com.