An Anti-Aging Regimen For Your House
Your home can keep its good looks longer if you provide prompt and proper maintenance and materials.
(NAPSI)—Maintaining a “youthful” home through preventative maintenance can save you money in costly repairs and preserve its overall value.
So where’s the best place to start? Here are some ideas:
• Regular checkups are key. Get out your binoculars and look for shingles that are buckled, curled, blistered or missing an excessive amount of granules. If left unrepaired, these damaged shingles could result in leaks into your attic and further into your house, resulting in mold and rot. Get a roofing contractor to check that your roof is in good condition.
• Protect against fading and stains. New exterior building materials used in siding, fence and decking products can help maintain a long-lasting, vibrant appearance. Available in many outstanding, vibrant colors, EverNew cellular PVC and composite decking from CertainTeed is backed by a 25-year Stain-and-Fade Resistance warranty, ensuring a dynamic outdoor oasis for many years to come.
• Use impact-resistant shingles for a healthy roof. They help provide a more durable, stronger roof to protect your home from hail, falling debris and high winds. For example, Landmark Solaris IR meets the industry’s highest standards for impact resistance. In addition, it repels the sun’s rays and lowers the surface temperature of a roof by up to 20 degrees during warm months.
• Choose durable siding materials. One, Cedar Impressions siding, is molded from real cedar shingles and designed and tested to withstand hurricane-force winds. The siding is also virtually maintenance free, never needs painting and is backed with a lifetime-limited warranty.
• Address problem spots. If not properly insulated, an attic can be a huge drain on your monthly energy bill and compromise the overall comfort of your home. Online tools, such as www.certainteed.com/itools, can help guide you through the process of ensuring your home has proper insulation.
Keep these tips in mind and you may find that your home can provide you and your family more comfort at less cost.