Tips On Saving Water In Style
Install faucets designed to save water.
(NAPSI)—Any time of year can be the right time to look for ways to conserve water. The good news is that water-saving strategies can benefit both the environment and your wallet. To help, here are some tips.
• A good place to start is turning off the water while you are brushing your teeth, shaving, washing your hands, doing dishes, or any other tasks where you usually let the water run.
• Use a bucket to catch the cold water that comes out of the faucet or shower while you are waiting for the hot water to heat up. You can put the water you captured to use watering your plants or pouring it into your toilet reservoir.
• Installing low-flow shower-heads and faucets can be a low-tech, low-maintenance way to save water.
• Check your plumbing for leaks, especially leaking toilets and faucets. Fix anything you find leaking. A silent toilet leak could waste from 30 to 500 gallons every day.
• Install faucets designed to save water. For example, the German manufacturer Blanco is known for finely crafted sinks and faucets that offer what it calls “liveable style.”
Said Tim Maicher, an executive with the company, “When we say liveable style, we are referencing style that leads trends while integrating into any kitchen design.”
According to Maicher, the company engineers faucets to last, use less water and be as easy to use as they are to maintain. He added that faucets must be both attractive and be able to withstand more abuse that any other fixture in a kitchen.
Two recent water-saving faucets from the company are the Blanco Grace II and the Blanco Alta Compact. They save 20 percent more water over standard-flow faucets because of their 1.8-gallon-per-minute flow rate.
The Blanco Grace II is available in pull-out and pull-down designs with a dual-spray feature for both the culinary and traditional enthusiast. The Blanco Alta Compact also has the dual-spray feature and was designed with compact sinks and work areas in mind.
To learn more, visit www.blancoamerica.com.